Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Silver Metallic Jeans

Isola, Isabel Abedi


Hello! What? I'm fine, free at last! And I can finally spend a little more time to blog, that I had left:) Today I bring
review again after so time without a ^ ^ This is a book I read a few weeks ago, I sent the publisher Anaya and I am very grateful for having done so. This is Isola, Isabel Abedi, a book that I found ... simply brilliant.



◆ Name: Isola.
◆ Author: Isabel Abedi .
Editorial: Anaya.
◆ Gender: Dystopia / intrigue.
◆ Number of pages: 284.

A famous film director chooses twelve young to shoot his next film. But this film is a kind of experiment in which actors will go to an island off the Brazilian coast guarded by cameras, no dashes, and only three personal items that may carry. What begins as an idyllic stay in an island paradise, becomes a pure power game with the arrival of the murderer, in which each girl will have to take a role of a box which will "victim" or "murderer." The murderer must take care of his victim in the wrist and no one sees it and drag it to a secret compartment, which will be collected by a boat to take her back home, ending his stay in Isola.
What at first is child's play ends up being much more. For it is not breaking the rules.

two days.

Just two days have been slow to devour this book, how addictive it is. When I started, my expectations were very low due to the multitude of negative reviews that were harvested this novel, and that harshly criticized. More than once I've taken a huge disappointment to have read very positive reviews, as I have said several times. However, here I am exactly the opposite has occurred. Once finished, I keep wondering what is the reason why this book was useful to so few people.
While it is true that in style is a marvel, history, intrigue and characters overshadow everything else. But in this section of the review as I speak of, so I focus on it.

While absorbing and addictive, not until chapter eight, about seventy pages, with one of the events on the island, when you can not really separate out . But until that point, the book I found slow and heavy, although it is normal to be the beginning.

Isabel Abedi not write anything bad, but still, I fear is not my favorite styles . abounds description, which to me particular makes me a little heavy, and dialogues are very few -the protagonist barely speaks throughout the book. Despite this, I liked a certain part of how the author allows the characters to communicate not just words , as in the case of Vera and Solo, two men in love with the novel.

The novel is first person by Vera, the protagonist, most . I mention this last because, in the beginning of every chapter, is a piece written in cursive someone is watching them discover the identity of which in the end. To me this second narrator liked me, because keep getting more tense , eager to discover who he is and what is about as wicked thoughts, "is that serious, the friend releases every thing ... xDD.

As I said, the pace of Isola from a given moment is hectic and I was unable to detach from it, I finished very quickly because I was wanting to know what was happening. But what pleased me most was the story, the content, so go with him.

When I finished Isola, I thought how could he have so many negative reviews. Let's see, it is clear that everyone has a taste, but my opinion is that literature is void or that I read this book with low expectations I was shocked and so I am forced to put a very good score. And is that very few books have managed to stay in the air, clinging to your pages without being able to stop reading , getting myself nervous, excited, biting my nails and totally obsessed with him. And for me, that far exceeds my conception of good book.

may initially make you be read uphill . Nor is a thick book, but as I said good slow in coming. And from these papers, these instructions, when stress begins, and what is practically child's play, Isabel Abedi achieved into a psychological game where the fear is palpable among the inhabitants of the island where Fear is palpable even in yourself, you're simply reading.

Very few books have managed to keep me in suspense as he has done it, especially amaze me with its originality. Because yes, the issue may teen locked into a site to be repetitive, but how to treat it Isabel Abedi is wholly owned and original. Arguably, without too close, that the novel has both dyes with Big Brother Lost .

As for the characters, I managed to catch them little affection in which they arise, because each was very different from the next . But I, if it had been the writer, l I have developed much more , counting each of the stories because there were some who could end up giving much of himself, such is the case Moon, a character that has me delighted and I've missed too less a story and answer, Neander or -. Vera, the protagonist, I liked it. I found a very human and real, with large motivations and goals and a beautiful story that thrilled me. I could say the same of Solo, the mysterious Vera platonic love, that although I was disappointed a bit at the end, I'll tell you in the spoiler- I found also a good actor.

And now the final. Most people who review this novel agrees that the end did not like because they have similar or predictable, or too removed from the sleeve. Let's see, I have some things like predictable, who was murderer, for example, but there were so intriguing that I could hardly even think about what could have happened . And it's easy to be surprised, but the end I found the best of the entire book, because I've had a pellet and I have been fully consistent with the rest of the story.

Spoilers of Isola!
As I said, just disappointed me a little bit at the end. Why? Well, I figured it would be a character with mental problems, or different aspects of personality. I liked the fact that he painted as a perfect character but then do things inconsistent with Vera, I was game that had some hidden mystery that made him behave like that. But when it was revealed that all these things are not doing it, I got a little disappointed, because Solo was reintroduced as a perfect and good character.
End spoilers of Isola!

And this ends my review, feel bring so late but between one thing and another I could not write . Finally, a book that I loved, with a small stick, but nonetheless, passionate me a lot and recommend it everyone.

Anaya Thank you for allowing me to read this brilliant work by sending me a copy.

PS Reading Hex Hall and finishing it. Soon you will have the review! And also the Skeleton Creek when I decided to finish it ... xD It makes me a little afraid the final video (
A big kiss to everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment